As we anticipated in a previous post, you need a lot of backoffice tools for your job. Luckily, we live in 2015, so we found all the tools for free, or “pay as you grow”. Here is the shopping list:
- Domain registration: GoDaddy.com, great service and low prices, you can register a .com domain for 7.99€. They try to up-sell a lot of services during the checkout, but it’s fine.
- Hosting: we are in love with Amazon, and in the past we did a massive use of almost all the Amazon Web Services, so this is the natural choice for us. You can start almost for free with the micro-instances and grow as you need.
- Mockup creation: moqups.com, for 9€/month.
- Source code management: Github.com, the micro plan costs $7/month for 5 repositories, good enough for us.
- Prelaunch landing pages: we are using kickofflabs.com, 40$/month.
- Emails and office productivity: Google App for Work is perfect for us, 4€/user/month is cheap enough, and the first 30 days are free.
- Blog and product website: WordPress obviously, using some premium theme and plugins, 100$ in total.
- CRM: a google sheet is fine for the moment, we will evaluate a specific tool later.
- Product development tracking: we are used to Scrum methodology so we setup a few boards on trello.com for free.
Any suggestion from you is more than welcome 🙂